IM Nuvo 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylecva

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Planning on starting a new tank soon and leaning towards an IM Nuvo 40. Was wondering if anyone here has one and what their pros and cons are. Also pics and how you have the back chambers set up as well as the equipment you use. So far here is my list to get it started.

Apex controller- $800
40 NUVO Fusion- $350
Sand-$63
Apex Auto Top Off- $200
Reef Octopus Classic- $150
Live Rock- $400
Other-$200
Livestock- $300

You're gonna spend more than $300 on livestock if bet :). I have the IM Nuvo fusion 20 and like it a lot. The only thing is on mine I can't really take the filter socks off of the things they are attached to so it makes cleaning them a bit hard. Other than that the tank is awesome

Oh I will definitely be spending more than $300 on livestock lol. That's just getting it started lol

What all do you have in the rear chambers?

Heater, purigen and phosguard. Not enough room really for a skimmer in the 20.

Heater, purigen and phosguard. Not enough room really for a skimmer in the 20.

That's my only concern is not having room for a skimmer. Do you have a thread for your tank? Or any pics?

I'll take a pic of my 20 when I get home. It's having some dinoflagellate issues so don't mind the slimy stuff lol.

You making a point of spending way to much money?? $400 on rock?!?! Y tho?

You making a point of spending way to much money?? $400 on rock?!?! Y tho?

The cheapest for live rock that I have been able to find in my are is about $10/lb. I'm planning on using around 30-40 pounds of rock. It may be a little high but I'd rather plan for too much than not enough. Lol

The cheapest for live rock that I have been able to find in my are is about $10/lb. I'm planning on using around 30-40 pounds of rock. It may be a little high but I'd rather plan for too much than not enough. Lol

I've picked all my live rock from saltwaterfish.com. You should check online vendors.

That's pricey, you don't need to use all live rock, I got away with half live, half dead. If you don't mind waiting month before stocking you could use 1:4. Or just cycle the dead rock. Reefcleaners.com is where I went. Also get your inverts there too. Good deal.

Back
Top Bottom