I'm ready to take the dive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nguyen27

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm ready to setup my 15gals saltwater FO tank, I been up here reading all the advice from you guys, now one final question, for a 15gals tank, I can fit about 2 small clownfishes in there, if I decide to put in a cleanup crew say like a shrimp and a starfish, does that meant I'm overstocking the tank with the cleanup crew?
Thanks guys, and thanks AA

No, inverts do not contribute to the bioload, as a matter of fact they do the opposite, cause they are cleaning up behind your fish ;)

Cool, then I'll be getting few of those colorful shirmp and starfishes to clean up.
Thankx

Regarding the shrimp, you may want to check with some of more experienced reefers to verify this but I don't think shrimp will tolorate each other unless they are a mated pair....hopefully they will follow up to confirm this...

There are some that will and some that won't, would need to know the species before we could say one way or the other.

I had a couple of Pepermint shrimp in the same tanke no problem. Careful with the star fish they can usually get pretty large.

Cool, I'll post before I take any inverts, it sounds good for a small tank that can't have so many fish!
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom