Ok so I have been wanting a sw
tank for maybe 2 years now. My boyfriend is giving me $300 to get my dream sw
tank started!I have a 55g community tank, 65g african cichlid tank,10g planted ghost shrimp tank, and a 20g snail tank. I have no experience with sw
tanks , but I would love to learn and experience it. I have been doing a lot of research such as live rock and species of fish! I think I want more coral and invertebrates than fish! I do want some clowns and gobies! I'm not sure what size tank to get! Many people say go big and some say go small! I'm not sure what tank I should use! So here is some of my questions
1. What size tank would be good to begin with? Not to big or small. A tall or breeder?
2. What kind of filtration should I use? I have no idea what a protein skimmer is? Can a hob
filter work? Please educate me??
3. What type of lighting should I have for coral?
4. Salt water? I have read you can mix Marine salt to water to make saltwater is this true? I would rather not have to buy it in the bucket and I do not have Money for a roe system which I do not know much about.
5. Cycling?? And curing rock? ? Pleaseee educate me? I read somethin about a shrimp put in the tank to rot? Sounds crazy to me??
I'm sure I will have a thousand more ??s but this will do for now! please give me any information! I love to learn! And this is something I really want to do! And please remember I'm newbie so any help is wonderful! I need yall!!!!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app