in tank refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

possum

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had a 2 gallon acrylic betta tank lying around and decided to put it in my 55 gallon saltwater tank to use sort of like a refugium to grow pods and macro in. Can someone give me some suggestions about getting water to move in and out of this small tank. I have it sitting right in the bottom of my other tank. It is hex shaped and has a clear lid with an airline slot and hole for feeding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you thought about using a micro-jet 320 powerhead? You can find them for less than 20 bucks online. You can could use a Dremel (starting at around $40 at most hardware stores) to drill a small hole in one size just large enough for the nozzle and drill a couple of holes slightly smaller than that on one of the opposite sides. You should be able to get a sheet of plexiglass at Home Depot or Loews to cover the top, and you could glue the powerhead to the side for stability. Those powerheads range from 32 to 73 gal. per hour, so you could probably experiment with the rate and get good results.

Christopher

Back
Top Bottom