Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

in wall

My husband and I plan on putting our tank in wall, which will mean the lights will have to go higher to allow room to work in the tank from the top. Will i need to get MH at this point? If so any reccommendations for some pendants or retros. since I already have VHO I can use two or three of those.

Also we wanted to use the tank we had and sell the hood and stand. Would we have better luck buying a new tank and selling them all together?

TIA

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

O and the tank is 18" deep

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
Old 04-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

hey i had a off the topic question for ya i dont know about lighting, but how did you manage to get your linka to stay alive ?? mine from the local fish store wouldnt eat and eventuly died after two weeks. i think they look really great but i can only keep sand sifter and choclate chip star as of now since i had no luck and i read that linka's generally die because of stress from shipping ?????
Old 04-08-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I had a blue one that didn't survive (in never moved out of one spot and eventually died ) but about a year later I tried the orange one and it has done great. The first 24 hours it just kinda stayed in one spot but it's all over the place now.

Tags
wall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com