In Wall Reef Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took these real quick. Unfortunately only my attinics were on so it's pretty blue.

You can see that I only have a small rock area in the front with different zoa's. I think it will look nice when it fills in. I am making a pretty big order this week. Will be getting a gfo reactor for my phosphates and also ordering another MP10. I may also go ahead and order a 2 part system. Once I get my phosphates down I'm going to be loading SPS on on top of the rocks.

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Well...This has changed from a In Wall Reef Build into a "move the tank to a different room Build". We don't spend a lot of time in the basement and I wanted to be able to enjoy the tank more, so my girlfriend and I decided to move the tank upstairs. Because of this, I needed to get a stand. I decided to go ahead and build my own. I wanted it to be higher up, not have a middle support, look clean, and give me a lot of room in the bottom for all my "stuff".

This is the family room where the tank will go. I'm going to move my small planted tank into my office and move the leather chair in the corner to a different room. The SW tank will face the same way the planted tank is facing but be closer to the wall.

1.jpg

I am designing my stand like an ADA stand. Below is an idea of what I'm going for. Mine will be black instead of grey.

ADAstand5.jpg

I started working on the stand a few days ago. I used RocketEngineer's stand template for the my structure.

I used a pocket hole jig and it ended up working out nicely.

Then I put the bottom and the top on the structure. I went with 3/4" oak plywood.

Then added the sides...

And the front...

Looks great! I'm looking for ideas for a stand build and I'm liking this one. Looks simple, yet nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Good job on the stand, looks good. The only problem I see is how many more tanks you can fit in that room lol. Can't wait to see it come together!

Looks great! I'm looking for ideas for a stand build and I'm liking this one. Looks simple, yet nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Thanks! I'm trying to decide weather to cover the stand with the black laminate or to paint it. I think I may end up just painting it.

Good job on the stand, looks good. The only problem I see is how many more tanks you can fit in that room lol. Can't wait to see it come together!

Thanks! Haha my girlfriend may kill me if I added any more tanks!

I put about two or three coats of Kilz on the inside of the stand and then decided not to use the laminate, so I put a coat on the outside as well.

This morning I picked up a Semi-Gloss black paint and put a first coat on the outside.

That is a really nice stand. Nice job. Are you going to switch the hinges out when they arrive?

Thanks. I think it has turned out pretty nicely. And yeah, I still plan on switching the hinges out. The piano hinges aren't 100% concealed and they make the doors stick out about 1/16th inch from the top trim.

Just moved my smaller planted tank into my office. Getting everything ready to move the breeder to the family room.

Your stand looks really nice, I love the simple clean look. It's a shame to move the tank it looked nice in the basement.

Your stand looks really nice, I love the simple clean look. It's a shame to move the tank it looked nice in the basement.

Yeah I have mixed emotions. I'm sad about moving it because I think it looks really nice where it is, but it will be nice to see the tank from where we normally hang out.

Back
Top Bottom