in what order do I intro stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

settles4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
55 gal tank with 65 lbs LR with 20 gal sump, and HOB filter.
Only has 2 damsels and 3 crabs in it at this point.
Parameters- PH 8.0 AM 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 20-40 Salt 1.024
Combination of fluorescent and LED, not coral ready

Hey all. I want to add stock to this tank in most beneficial way recommended. Any opinions on what order to go in? Should I get a larger cleaning crew (crabs, shrimp, starfish or something else?) first and then move on to more fish. Would it be better to go fish and then cleaners? Suggestions?

Probably does not matter. I would add fish first, depending on what CUC you plan to add. If they have nothing to eat, adding them is pointless. For adding fish, you want to add the most aggressive last.

I would consider rehoming the damsels as they can be very aggressive to new tankmates.

I too would add the fish first so when you do add your cuc there will be something for them to clean up.

Yes, I added my two clownfish first since there was nothing for a CuC to eat. However, you already have 2 damsels and they will probably be a bit agressive to anything same size or smaller than them now...
Perhaps someone with more experience on this will chime in.... good luck!

Yes, I added my two clownfish first since there was nothing for a CuC to eat. However, you already have 2 damsels and they will probably be a bit agressive to anything same size or smaller than them now...
Perhaps someone with more experience on this will chime in.... good luck!

One of the two, a blue, has been aggressive since the beginning. Trys to get all the food, chases etc

Back
Top Bottom