input please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jscholfield

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just took out my damsels cycling my tank. because I heard that it was a bad idea to use them to cycle a tank and they would be aggressive towards future fish I wanted to get. Was this a good idea or should I have kept them in?

It has been cycling for about 3 to 4 weeks.My nitrite is at 0ppm and my ammonia is between 0 and 0.25ppm.

what are the rest of your water params?

as far as taking out the damsels I don't think it was a bad thing IMO. I'm all for fishless cycles. I've heard/read a lot of horror stories from people who used damsels to cycle and they either had a hell of a time getting them out once they cycle was complete or they were very aggressive towards other fish so they ended up taking them out anyway.

I honestly don't know..the only test kits the guy at the fish store said i had to worry about were ammonia and nitrite.

The only ones i had to worry about during the cycling process*

any plans on getting your own test kit? if I were you I'd go out and buy a liquid test kit. I use the API saltwater master kit. its good to know what all your params are I also like to do the test myself that way I know exactly where my params are at.

Yes i was actually planning on getting one this weekend. Is it a kit that tests everything?

Back
Top Bottom