insump fuge vs hob fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red44

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have a 3 gallon hob fuge that works fine now I will be building a sump and i will have a part for a fuge in the sump and my question is will the copods make it though the return pump ? Without geting crushed and killed

thats were an HOB may be slightly better it doesn't chop up pods where as the return pump may, and if you have a sponge or some poly filter in between the bubble plate you won't get any at all, so its just a breadign ground and you must manually move the pods to the main display with a rock or scooping them out

Gti_Leo said:
thats were an HOB may be slightly better it doesn't chop up pods where as the return pump may, and if you have a sponge or some poly filter in between the bubble plate you won't get any at all, so its just a breadign ground and you must manually move the pods to the main display with a rock or scooping them out

That's what I thought I guess i'll have to do it manualy I wish I had room for it on the back but I also wanted to have less things on the back. Thxs

I've always wondered, how do you light a hob fuge if you want it of a reverse photoperiod, without getting light spilling into the DT?

paint the one side of the fuge and get an elnclosed light and put it on the inside top og the fuge. you can also buy waterproof LEDs for a fuge that you can place inside and have no spill over

Back
Top Bottom