Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Introduced New Blenny- Pseudochromis Giving Him a HARD Time

Hello everyone,

Since I last posted my wife and I have become pretty good owners- our water levels are all good and our fish and coral are happy and healthy.

HOWEVER we just bought a new Scooter Dragonet (see attached) and our Purple Pseudochromis (PP) will NOT leave him alone. He keeps picking at him. He leaves him alone for a little while but then heads back for more. I want to make sure Scooter has time to loose some stress and relax from the journey but he can't with all this bullying.

I read elsewhere that some fish, particuarly PP, will give a hard time to new fish for a day or two before getting comfortable with them and leave them alone. Any advise? I'd hate to have to get rid of either.

I should point out that I have had the new scooter for only about 3 hours, so I MIGHT be over-reacting a bit.

THANKS!!!

-Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1258.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	28527  

Old 02-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had a PP that was given to me bc he was harassing his tank mates. I thought new surroundings would calm him down but it didn't. He harassed the other fish, shrimp and even snails. I think it might just be the species. Good luck.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thansk trackfast.
Anyone else? I turned off the lights to let everyone cool down. If by Tuesday PP can't learn to get along I may have to isolate and think about moving him.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
honestly, i don't like any of those pseudos...grammas, bi colors..purples..they are all nasty IME.
do you have enough pods for that scooter? your aware that it may not eat prepared foods, right?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Yeah, we stocked with pods and the seller told us he has been accepting frozen pods as well, which we have. Still, if PP doesn't let him live we may have to start thinking of what to do next.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

I do like aggressive fish so I do like Pseudo's, but they are indeed a pain with livestock. Try adding a decor of sorts, rearranging rock work, using a mirror on outside so it pays attention to its reflection, or add a bubble wand to disrupt behavior patterns. You can also use food ration intervals and change the lighting schedule up for a week. if they weren't so peeerty.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

PP is still poking at him, but he seems to have slowed down a bit. We shifted the liverock around to make a new arrangement. I am stilll concerned but perhaps things are calming down.

Tags
blenny

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com