Introduction --

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Eye Tang

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,... while searching for the perfect web sight to learn of my tank, i ran into this one and it has been perfect. I've read a ton of info from these forums and i feel much better knowing those of you are out there. :D My tank consists of this :

Kent Marine Maxxima Hi-s water with Instant Ocean Salt.
Purple Star Polyps
Different Varieties of Mushrooms
1 Turbo Snail / 2 Margarita Snails
15 miniature Hermit Crabs
1 Banded Coral Shrimp
1 Yellow Eyed Tang
1 Flame Angelfish
1 Tomato Clown
1 Percula Clown
1 Yellow tail damsel
A Lawnmower Blenny
1 6 striped Rass

Tank is a 55 gallon with Skilter 55 gallon filter / skimmer.
also penguin 65 gallon powerhead
and a cheap-o primary skimmer from pet werehouse???
2- 65 watt power compacts from custom sea-life
along with two 18 watt actinic blues (factory hood lamps with the Blues in them)

If anyone sees any mystakes in this system i'd love to hear about them. This has become an incredible hobby for me and im sure ill only get bigger into it the more i learn. Thank you all and i look forward to hearing from ya!

hmmm, four days before the first reply...not sure how that one got by us :oops: , anyway, Welcome!

The only thing I see about your tank is it is probably overstocked. And you may have some compatability issues with that small a tank. I don't think it will be a bio problem as much as a bickering over space problem. You've got several fish with attitudes, and that might cause some problems in the future. If it were mine I would lose one of the clowns and the damsel. And maybe one other fish.

Thanks for the welcome.

Overstocked is a good opinion.... Ya know ive acually heard that before hehe -- I thought about losing those same two fish, but when you have had them for so long :cry: BUT i agree and i think john (the local salt water store owner) will take them for me. :D

----- Llegolis

I will agree it may be a little overstocked by the "regular standards", but if you are religous about your weekly 10-15% water changes you can make it work.

Back
Top Bottom