Invert stock for 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey folks, right now I have my 29 gallon up and running, skimmer, filter, Phs, lights all gtg. I have 22 lbs of LR atm, gonna go try and get another 22-25 lbs tomorrow.

For inverts atm, the tank has
4 Astrea snails, med size
3 large nessarius snails, 3 small ones
6-7 hermits, about half scarlets, 1-2 zebras and electric blue I believe
1 banded clinging crab and a rock crab that both hitchiked in
1 form of slug
1 camel shrimp (not permanent)

My green emerald crab suffered a mysterious death a few weeks ago, got back from vacation and only found his shell. thought maybe he molted, a few weeks later, still no sign, so i think he's a goner

I do want to replace the Green Emerald, but what else invert wise should I get for the tank? thanks

BTW, I do plan on getting a pistol shrimp eventually along with a pistol goby

(I was thinkin about pickin up some types of clearner shrimps as well, any sugestions, etc. thanks)

Have you cycled this tank? Adding another 22 lbs will send your tank into a mini spike of ammonia that will harm your inverts. Unless of course this rock is already cured. I would not give up on your emerald crab. If you just found the shell then he`s hiding in your LR.

the tank is well cycled I just ifnishe dupgrading form a10 to a 29 though using all the same rock. I found the shell a couple weeks ago. I have never gone more than a few hours without seeing the emerald. if he hasnt shown up now, I doubt he ever will. (I didnt find a complete shell like I normally do when acrab molts, I only found the back and part of the bottom, no claws, legs etc, things that mya have been eaten)

I saw my emerald two yrs ago and thought he was dead but saw him last week so it`s been two yrs since I saw him and he finally showed up. I have a lobster that I`ve seen 5 times in six yrs but I know he`s still there because he molts every 2 months. Good Luck.

Astreas can not always upright themselves, when they tirn over, so you will have to help them, before they become a snack. I like ceriths. Turbos are cool too.

I have lost one of my astreas when he fell off the glass and landed upside down while on vacation, he was alive when I got back, but apparantly to weak to recuperate. Most of my astreas died to predation form hermits who liked the shells...

Back
Top Bottom