Invertebrate tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, PLEASE get like 5 pom pom crabs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, PLEASE get like 5 pom pom crabs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol I don't think so. Maybe 1 :lol:

Ok so I guess it's come to:

2 blue leg hermits
2 zebra hermits
1 scarlet hermit
2 sexy shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
1 brittle star
1 emerald crab
1 pompom crab
1 astrea snail
1 neon goby or yellow clown goby

And any other neat creatures I may come across :D

This isn't a reef (if I remember correctly) so any light will do, much like a non planted tank it doesn't matter.

You want a powerhead to keep flow in the tank, stagnant water means algae

Caleb

This isn't a reef (if I remember correctly) so any light will do, much like a non planted tank it doesn't matter.

You want a powerhead to keep flow in the tank, stagnant water means algae

Caleb

Shouldn't I try to grow algae though for all the inverts in my tank to eat?

And for what Istrom said, could I just get a pistol shrimp (without the goby as this is more an invert tank)? Would it dig a burrow by itself and would it kill any of my other inverts?

Shouldn't I try to grow algae though for all the inverts in my tank to eat?

And for what Istrom said, could I just get a pistol shrimp (without the goby as this is more an invert tank)? Would it dig a burrow by itself and would it kill any of my other inverts?

Not the type of algae you want really.

Caleb

The pistol shrimp can live on its own, as for hurting other inverts, it tends to be docile, and is pretty blind. If it feels threatened or if something attacks it, then it will get aggressive.

90 G Reef
55 G Discus
24 G Reef

As for a Powerhead, I would do one of the small hydor koralias, or an ecodrift 4.0

90 G Reef
55 G Discus
24 G Reef

That's more realistic. I would still set the heater to about 77, so the other inverts wouldn't get too cold, but the cowrie wouldn't overheat.

90 G Reef
55 G Discus
24 G Reef

I think one would do fine! I have one in my 90. He's never even needed special care

90 G Reef
55 G Discus
24 G Reef

The reason I asked about the porcelain is that pompom crabs here are pricey and I thought maybe a porcelain crab could substitute for it.

Thanks (y)

Do I need a protein skimmer for this tank?

The reason I asked about the porcelain is that pompom crabs here are pricey and I thought maybe a porcelain crab could substitute for it.

Thanks (y)

Do I need a protein skimmer for this tank?

No. From what I've been told they really are not needed on nano tanks like this.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom