Invertebrate tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A new option has opened up for me to convert my 20g freshwater to salt, so could I stock it with:

4 blue leg hermit crabs
4 scarlet reef hermit crabs
2 dwarf zebra hermit crabs
1 astrea snail
1 cerith snail
2 nassarius snails
1 emerald crab
1 porcelain crab
1 peppermint shrimp
1 camel shrimp
1 lettuce nudibranch
1 feather duster worm
1 brittle star
1 blue tuxedo urchin
1 blue damselfish

Sounds like it will be a pretty cool set up.. those nudi's though are tough. I've found they almost always seem to die mostly from equipment in our systems such as overflows and circ. pumps. Theyre just so delicate and easily get sucked up. If you give it a try I'd try to rig something up to make sure the little guy doesn't get bashed up to death.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like it will be a pretty cool set up.. those nudi's though are tough. I've found they almost always seem to die mostly from equipment in our systems such as overflows and circ. pumps. Theyre just so delicate and easily get sucked up. If you give it a try I'd try to rig something up to make sure the little guy doesn't get bashed up to death.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok, thanks. I think I'm gonna give the nudibranch a try just so I have something as a challenge.

Ok, thanks. I think I'm gonna give the nudibranch a try just so I have something as a challenge.

They also only eat algae and will starve when it's all gone. Be prepared to give it sheet algae or something else

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They also only eat algae and will starve when it's all gone. Be prepared to give it sheet algae or something else

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Would algae tablets work for the nudibranch? Like the kind of thing people feed to freshwater plecos?

Also, for feeding the brittle star how often should I feed it and what kinds of things should I feed it? Maybe shrimp pellets and something else?

One last thing. If I did a Randall's pistol shrimp instead of the camel shrimp, would the pistol kill my other inverts such as the peppermint shrimp?

Most likely algae tablets won't be of much interest. These guys are VERY specialized feeders. Lettuce nudibranch only eat hair algae where others only eat a specific type of glass anemone or a sponge or a montipora.
As for the bristle starfish, I don't think you would need to specifically spot feed it. When I had one in my tank it would catch food right out of the water column when I fed the tank.
As for a pistol shrimp, it shouldn't bother anything else in the tank. It will spends its days digging in the sandbed.

Most likely algae tablets won't be of much interest. These guys are VERY specialized feeders. Lettuce nudibranch only eat hair algae where others only eat a specific type of glass anemone or a sponge or a montipora.
As for the bristle starfish, I don't think you would need to specifically spot feed it. When I had one in my tank it would catch food right out of the water column when I fed the tank.
As for a pistol shrimp, it shouldn't bother anything else in the tank. It will spends its days digging in the sandbed.

Ok thanks.

Back
Top Bottom