Is Algone good for use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemacros

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I found this product called algone that is suppose to be very good for getting rid of and controlling growth of algae in the aquarium (www.algone.com). Has anyone ever used this product and what is your experience of it?

Thank you. :)

Joe macros

I have heard it works, but imo, chemicals are not a replacement for good husbandry. What type of algae problems are you having? Maybe we can find out where the problem is and fix it without the use of chemicals.

well I have this dark green or brown algae that's kind of like thick cobwebs growing. Is it harmful? I haven't got any algae eating animals in there at the moment. Had a lawnmower Goby before but it never touched that stuff anyway. Had a parrot fish that kept the rocks really clean but got rid of it recently when I put in corals.
Please offer some suggestions. Thanks.

Does it look like hair? or is it a micro algae?

What are the parameters of the tank? What size is the tank? How much LR? Do you use a sandbed, do you use crushed coral? What type of filtration are you useing? Do you have a protien skimmer?

Back
Top Bottom