is Always wanting bigger, better or worse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am one of the two site administrators of this site, if that is what you mean. That means myself and fishfreek are the bosses ;)

Yes bigger, gives you more option. I waited a looooong time to get my 210. Was worth the wait. :wink:

Haha,

Yes,yes that is perfectly normal.

Haven't even finished my first SW 30 gal, and I was already looking at a 135 today, and was adding everything up in my head. Scary.

Yeah, bigger is better. Faster isn't always. Like, I want to be bigger like, say ReefRunner, but I can't do that faster.

I've caught the bug, my wallet is doing its best to cure me, though. Oh well, someday!

Right now I live in a small apartment and only have a 20 gallon reef tank and a 15 gallon FW tank. If it wasn't for the small apartment and the fact that we want to move soon, I'd have 3 times as many tanks and they'd be 4 times the size 8O

i do not think anyone in this hobby is ever satisfied with the size of their tank. Lets face it, we all dream of bigger tanks. One of the best things about this hobby is that is ever evolving, I don't think I will ever "finish" setting up my tank. I have helped several friends start aquariums and my advice is always to over-build your first system. This just means buying filters, skimmers, heaters, pumps, etc, that are actually rated for tanks bigger then the one they are starting. That way when they decide they want a bigger tank (and they always do) the cost will not be as great because they can use a lot of their exsisting equipment. form a fish's point of view, bigger is always better.

Yeah, I started everything with a 2-gal hex tank. One month later it was a 10-gal, and 2 months after that a 55-gal. I'm back down to the 10-gal now because of space/money, though. :bawl:

Back
Top Bottom