is fluval 3 plus inernal ok in salt tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

30_gallon_guy

Aquarium Advice Regular
im starting a 30 gallon salt tank with fish and live rock, and i bought a fluval 3 plus internal too go along with my hangons for extra clear water. on the back of the actual filter it said to prevent corosion only use with freshwater.
can you use it, cause iv her people using hang ons like aqua clear and fluval canisters.
someone let me know
also can i use tap water with fish and live rock tank??

Tap water varies from location to location. Take the water to your LFS and have them test it. I have used tapwater too before and I am currently using tapwater. Some tap water has more chlorines and nitrates than others so get it tested. If nothing else you can go to your LFS and get some 5 gallon jugs filled for a nominal fee. I am currently using an penguin 170 and a fluval 104... You should be fine with your filtration imho...

While I would agree on the tap water issue, the LFS will not be able to tell you everything you need to know. For SW tanks, there are many more considerations that they will not be able to test for.

Each Cities water management company must publish a water quality report by law. I would highly recommend you look for that and see what it contains. It is usually found on the city municipal website. There are often many things humans can tolerate that your tank critters won't.

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/water/system_quality/pdf/moe_annual_report.pdf

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom