Is it possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rich42082

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Left for training for 2 months, and so no water changes were done. My protein skimmer stopped working for those two months. I have an outbreak of green algae throughout my whole tank. Some of my best hard corals have bleached out completely and some are partially bleached.

Is it possible for the partially bleached to recover? Also, does anyone know if a product that can help get rid of all the green algae? I'll post pictures this afternoon, thanks.

Left for training for 2 months, and so no water changes were done. My protein skimmer stopped working for those two months. I have an outbreak of green algae throughout my whole tank. Some of my best hard corals have bleached out completely and some are partially bleached.

Is it possible for the partially bleached to recover? Also, does anyone know if a product that can help get rid of all the green algae? I'll post pictures this afternoon, thanks.

Well the first thing you need to do is a full panel test. Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, temp, salinity, pH, calcium, alk, and mag.

Second thing to do is a 50% waterchange. The algae is from a gross buildup of nutrients while youve been gone. Removing the nutrients will be you first battle alone with rebalancing out calcium alk and mag through water changes. I would do a 50% change every couple days while also manually removing algae. The algae is going to be the prime source of nutrients until it is gone.

Also how were your fish getting fed?

My wife was feeding them. My wife is pregnant and was unable to do the water changes, for those wondering. Ammonia is at 0.25 after water change. My PH is at 7.8 in working on raising that now. My calcium and alk is low I'm also raising that.

Yes it is possible to recover a half bleached LPS and SPS. but recovering half bleached SPS is almost impossible, cuz a lot of times it will just spread thru out the branches in very short time. As for LPS, I usually will cut of the dead "heads" and try to let the half bleach one try to recover under the best condition possible. I only able to recover RBTA from fully bleached, but they aren't really corals. lol

smaller clown would mean that it will get bully till death if you introduce into a tank with larger clown.
It will get stress by the new aqua scaping and also bully, the stress level is enough to kill it

Back
Top Bottom