Is my anemone dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryn_C_mu

Aquarium Advice Freak
So just got back from a trip and saw him got some more lighting for him and this showed upImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396828403.292843.jpg

Still has some colour! Not dead but certainly not happy:(

My clowns started to eat him so I ended his suffering and will get a new one soon R.I.P

Ya better to end things before it kills your tank!

That's the thing I bought it last Friday the forum here said awesome but get more lighting so I left town on a Thursday came back today with some more lighting and this happened so he just wasn't able to hold out I guess but two weeks from now I go in to add a new fish so I will buy well... Is there any super basic anemones?

We told you your tank wasn't nem ready as well as needing more lighting. This is why we tell people to wait 10-12 months before adding them, and generally speaking IMHO a nem should not be your first photosynthetic creature. Try some soft corals and work your way up from there

I'll agree about the lighting that it wasn't enough but I did go and buy the lighting he just couldn't hold out until I put it in

It's not just your lighting, not enough light wouldn't kill a nem that fast. It's a water quality issue most likely. Your tank is not ready for such a sensitive animal

I did a water test all checked out even when I did a 25% before I left I put iodized salt in the tank with it for him so idk what happened

I did a water test all checked out even when I did a 25% before I left I put iodized salt in the tank with it for him so idk what happened

What's iodized salt? Your not using a reef grade salt? What's your salinity at? Has it fluctuated lately?

We don't tell people that they should wait to add nems for about a year to be cruel to the new reefer, we say this so they don't kill the nem. I can't say it any clearer than this, your system is not mature enough for this animal. If you really want to try an anemone wait another 6 months and upgrade to quality lighting and try a BTA.

You should also be using reef salt you know that right? And you should NEVER add salt directly to a tank with livestock in it.

Back
Top Bottom