is my cycle done??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sHistA

Aquarium Advice Regular
ph 8.0, amonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, ppm. is my cycle done i had an amonia spike then nitrite spike now about 3 days later i checked and saw nitrate 10, is my cyle done what should i do next??

sHistA said:
ph 8.0, amonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, ppm. is my cycle done i had an amonia spike then nitrite spike now about 3 days later i checked and saw nitrate 10, is my cyle done what should i do next??

with a spike in both ammonia and nitrite and they are now both at zero, it sounds like your cycle is finished. Congrats :D

Typically, it's time for a 20% water change and fish. Do you have a quarantine ready for your first fish?

it's still recommend to use a quarentine in case they need to medicate the fish. This way if something shows up she doesn't need to transplant the fish again and increase the amount of stress they're already under. Especialy since they would be transplanting sick fish.

In general, you never want to treat your main tank as the medications, such as copper meds for ick, leave behind trace elements in the substrate and rocks that can cause problems with things added to the tank later on.

a quarentine is a seperate tank that you put new fish in. you use this because then you wont spread the diseases to your current fish, and you wont have to treat the whole tank.

but i have no fish in there already do i still need quarantine if not can i just put new water and just put in new fish?? wat would u suggest for a first fish?

thats the same question krap asked and I answered that above.
read the article I linked, it will explain how easy it is to set up a small QT.

what fish do u suggest for my first fish i wa thinking of 1-10 dolalrs. i dont really want a damsel for my first fish but if theres no other choice what is the most piecefull damsel??

well I don't like the idea of "Starter" fish. Get something you will want to keep indefinitely. That's a pretty personal choice. As far as suggestions of what a hearty fish may be that's not agressive, may a pair of Chromis would be a good place to start. Bright colors, mostly peaceful and pretty hearty.

Back
Top Bottom