Is My Nitrite To High?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok so ill go buy more water and do the 50% water change and do the cycle. should i buy a shrim or something that helps the cycle move on faster?

if you give your livestock to your friend yes you could dose pure ammo or use shrimp but no not if your keepin the fish in

i just fed the fish alittle and he Ate For the first time sinse all the bad things happend. So im pretty sure hes getting better, and hes like moving atleast 5-10 inches from his spot was.

sephirot said:
i just fed the fish alittle and he Ate For the first time sinse all the bad things happend. So im pretty sure hes getting better, and hes like moving atleast 5-10 inches from his spot was.

only because you reduced the trite level things are and will get worse

it'll be fine in a few days and cycle itself. i had over 5 ppm trites when i was cycling my rock and it was stuck there forever, i did a few PWC and brought it down to 2ppm and it only took 5 days to turn those trites into trates and finish the cycle

Alrite ill go get the other 50% changed and ill take another test and see how it goes, if its still too high thenn ill give the fish to my friend.

I wasnt meaning give but see if he has room for them for a week or two for your tank to cycle. If its in tje process of cycling your levels are going to be high in a day or two again.

ALrite ill find out if he has Room. If he Does Then ill let him hold them , For a Week or Two. But I really dont under stand the cycle proccess when i do everything and i keep it for 2 weeks cycleing do i need to put chemicals or anything? o just keep it with the 2 live rock?

No chemicals. Keep the live rock. Try not to mess with anything other than doing PWC.

The article i linked has a lot of info about cycling. Using a raw shrimp is the most common way to continually add ammonia, I prefer to dose but thats a daily process of testing and figuring out how much you want to add in order to get the level you want. You are already in the middle of your cycle and just waiting for nitrates to build up. But you dont want to starve the bacteria that converts ammonia to nitrite so you need some source

Your clownfish is already an ammonia source, so is the food you're feeding it.

How Much Ammonia i need? and what u mean its the food im feeding it? im feeding it flakes.

You don't need any ammonia because fish waste and flakes turn to ammonia.
Your bacteria is turning it into nitrItes.
You are just waiting for bacteria to turn the nitrItes into nitrAtes.

So just keep doing the PWC's to get the nitrites under control and before you know it you will be OK. :)

Back
Top Bottom