Is My Nitrite To High?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To dose a ten gal? One shrimp will be fine if you use ammonia let us know what % it is. It has to be pure ammonia(can be diluted) most people find ace janitorial strength works for them. I believe its 8% which is 80,000 ppm if it is youll need 1/2 a tsp to bring it up 5ppm. Check the last post here for how i got that http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/my-first-sw-tank-147708-2.html

Every animal releases ammonia lakes and the ocean have an obviously massive biofiltration system comoared to a tank. Also proteins break down into ammonia which is why adding too much fish food is bad and why adding raw shrimp will help cycle your tank.

@scottay a fish in cycle is a lot of work. In order to keep levels safe most people end up taking longer to cycle and spending a lot more on salt. By having the fish go to his friends and adding ammonia he save money , time and adds years of life to his fish.

your cycle is almost done, you have no ammonia and the nitrites are soon goign to be turned to nitrates when your cycle will end, give it a few days just keep doing waterchanges to keep the nitrites at about .5ppm

Try using a product called special blend. Add it is every other week. And it aid in maintaining all your necessary bacteria and keep levels normal.

All you have to do to keep your bb is have an ammonia source if you have fish the bb will thrive at the level in which you need it.

Back
Top Bottom