Is my tank pretty much done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dylan M.

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm cycling right now and it's been 6-7 days with live rock from a established tank and live rock from the store(15-20 pounds) with 40 pounds of live sand. I tested my water recently and the readings were
AMMO-0
NITRITE-.25
NITRATE-0
I thought it was kinda weird that my tanks nitrates are at zero the past few days they been going down. Anyways I'd like other opinions please and thanks!

Did the amm go up at all? Hopefully it did and next you should see nitrite go down and nitrate go up. Weird that nitrates would go down by themselves without a water change?

Everything went up and then back down idk why. I didn't do a water change it's just my nitrites that are a little high P.S I also used a shrimp to help the decaying process

Keep the shrimp in there. Test again and watch for the nitrites to go down and the nitrates to go back up. If the nitrates went down, they went somewhere. Probably consumed by algae growth.

So when it's done your ammonia would be zero your nitrites would be zero and should have some nitrates? Would the cycle be done then?

Back
Top Bottom