is there a natural solution to a skimmer???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I run a coralife on my 55g what i did was drill the hole that the airtube connects to making it a lil bigger gets alot more air this way and works waayy better also sometimes i run hot ro water thru the airline while skimmer is on it helps keep buildup down but for sure drill that hole bigger

That should be an easy test, i'll take the pump out and give it a quick bore.
i'm sure all i need is more air. it's like tuning a carb on a car!!!

here is a full shot behind the scene, i am going to try the coralife again on the right side of my sump, where the overflow pipe ends. each tank is on it's own battery backup. so when the power goes out, each tank runs for about an hour. pleanty of time for me to kick on the generator if needed.

60421-albums10168-picture43056.jpg

Thanks bill. This is my sump. There is only live rock, sand, and cheto. As for bio lode I have 7 fish a cleaner shrimp and 2 peppermints.

image-2310127918.jpg

thats exactly what i want, i simple sump.
it's an old 10 gal tank i had laying around. my chaeto is growing and seems to be happy, i leave my light on the sump 24/7. I was going to open the wall up too so i can display the sump as well. then i came to my senses and scrapped that idea, lol

the only things in my tank now are 1 emerald crab, 8 turbo snails, 3 bumble bee snails. i don't want to add anything till i'm happy with the tank chemestry.

here is my sump
from right to left, overflow drops into first chamber, i have heater, carbon, chemi-pure, phospage sponge.
middle is refugium, some LR and a ball of chaeto, then bubble wall into the return chamber.
The return chamber has the pump and the float switch to kill the pump if water ever runs low due to clogged overflow.
if i do add my skimmer, it will be on the small portion on the right side. so all the microbubbles stay to the right of the phospate pad.
60421-albums10168-picture43061.jpg

Yeah the cheto grows pritty fast. I throw out about a 5 gallon bucket every month or so. I see a lot of people running there fug lights 24/7 and that probably works fine but because the light I am using is a 24 inch 2 t5 witch is way over kill I run it opposite my display tank light.

one last pic, here's the front view at night,
who needs a night light when you have a whole wall that glows, lol

60421-albums10168-picture43062.jpg

I run a coralife on my 55g what i did was drill the hole that the airtube connects to making it a lil bigger gets alot more air this way and works waayy better also sometimes i run hot ro water thru the airline while skimmer is on it helps keep buildup down but for sure drill that hole bigger

THANKS AGAIN !!!!!
OK skimmer works 100%.
what i did was bore out the air line, and i shortened the depth of the pump so the air had less tube to travel in both the airline and the water line that connects the pump to the skimmer.
60421-albums10168-picture43112.jpg

billberet said:
THANKS AGAIN !!!!!
OK skimmer works 100%.
what i did was bore out the air line, and i shortened the depth of the pump so the air had less tube to travel in both the airline and the water line that connects the pump to the skimmer.

Good deal

Back
Top Bottom