Is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was searching craigslist last night and I came across a 30 gallon saltwater aquarium. It's pre drilled, has a 10 gal sump with plunmbing and pumps, live rock and sand(25lbs each), testing equipment, metal halide/ pc light fixture, io reef salt, 6 gal bucket, and a salinity guage/ other equipment. It's for 150$! I really think this a great deal and wanted your feedback before I buy. It already has a clown a cuc a goby and zoos and mushrooms too. I would probably frag and sell the corals and sell the fish.

I just emailed him asking if it has ever been dosed with copper or has had any Mesa put in it. I have saved up half the money and my parents said they would the other half. I just hope no one buys it before me.

This is what he posted...

Brand new reef ready 30gal aquarium with bulkhead overflow already installed (never been used) and stand.
Metal Halide light - 24in Coralife Aqualight Pro Series HQI Lighting Fixtures (metal halide 14000K bulb included, compact fluorescent bulbs need to be replaced)
Fiji live rock - around 25lbs and sand
Clownfish
some soft corals and polyps, 2 peppermint shrimp, blue leg hermit crabs and snails.
100watt heater
coralife protein skimmer, hydor koralia pump, rio sump pump (powerhead)
digital timer strip outlet, extra 5, 10 gal tanks for sump/refugium etc. Instant ocean reef salt, complete reef test kit, salinity gauge
6gal water container and lots of extras
Pics of some of the components are below

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Wow I'd buy it in a heartbeat, well, as long as it's not beat to crap. Looks like a great find. Reminds me I gotta do my morning CL search. lol

I am soooo excited. My parents are actually letting me buy it! But because i bough it so early they aren't paying for
any of it and are loaning me the money( with interest :/) I am super happy though. I might have it in a week or two.

Man your parents make you pay interest?! What a crock!!!

Btw good deal!!! I just brought 3 peppermint shrimp for £60

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about the pound system but yes they are pretty tough on the money thing. I have had no donations come from them whatsoever other than an African cichlid that wasn't the best for my tank.( it's a molly/ platy community). But its all because they want me to manage money I guess. It will be about three months payback anyway if i work my butt off.

Back
Top Bottom