Is this a good deal? $350 For all(tank+more)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidhefey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
$350 For all(tank+more) Good Deal?

I'm wondering if $350 For open stand, filter, light, tank is a good deal... since its on sale in a pet shop near me, and I would like to purchase it. Since most deals of tank and all similar to this is way more expensive brand new.

note: im mostly getting this because i was recommended the filter is great/good (though getting a skimmer later on) and reading reviews on it, it seems good... but just expensive -if bought on its own- but I'm still unsure.

here:
awwy.png

oh here is the link to the specifications of the SUMP/REFUGIUM only: http://www.aquacave.com/ecosystem-40-hang-on-backbr-refugium-933.html (itll hang on the back of the 37 T

Comments? Is this a good deal? Should I get it... or nah? If so Why..... thanks (Im mainly getting this because i only have space for a 40g and below... so 37T fits that criteria... and a great filter -though ill get a protein skimmmer in 3 months or 4- and the pet store worker was truthful enough what fish to get (or not get) and why -needs an established tanked, clowns are agressive and territorial in a small tank, etc- and he said this is a great package, but i want other people's opinion)

also if its a refugium system, do i have to buy macro algae? is so... what?

I have a 14g, and heeard its WAY better to have a bigger aquarium... so im upgrading to this one maybe.

This tank in the link appears to be made to be a sump/refugium for a small tank. That tank in your picture looks much bigger. Can you clarify what your looking at to buy?

nono i looked at it in person its a 37T. The link is for the specs for the sump/refugium

this deal is for the open stand+37T gallon+sump/refugium+light

the eco system box is in the 37t... because the worker put it there? lol

i feel like im following mitchell around...btw its my last name too.

i agree the picture doesnt match up with the product discription. also it says 37t. tall tanks are not always recommended because fish tend to swim left and ring and not up and down.

Well im planning a reef tank with maybe a clownfish(or 2) for now, and 2 others later on when established. So I guess 37T is okay? lol

lol Nice Harmy. Mitchell is actually my first name. Yes tall tanks aren't good for SW, especially if you want to get corals, because the light often isn't strong enough for corals on the bottom. So definately not good for you.

hmm but that could be easily fixed if I just put a ton of LR and put the corals around mid level? Right? Or no lol

or have the ones like polyps and mushroom at the bottom only if needed be?

yes you could but taller tanks tend to be thinner so you dont have as much room front of tank to back of tank to place things. ultimately it comes down to if you like how the tank looks being taller. its in your house and your decorating it. there are better choices then the taller tank out there, expecially when you add into that its a package tank and you wont use alot of the stuff it comes with. but if you like the tank then thats really whats important.

Im mainly wanting to get this because i only have space for a 40g and below... so 37T fits that criteria... and a great filter -though ill get a protein skimmmer in 3 months or 4- and the pet store worker was truthful enough what fish to get (or not get) and why -needs an established tanked, clowns are agressive and territorial in a small tank, etc- and he said this is a great package, but i want other people's opinion

okay, ill take both of your advices... thank you! Though its a great starter fish right? I might just get a damsel then.

though is the filter good? lol or the specs dont match ho it looks? I've seen pctures of it with macro algae in the middle of it where theres space

oh noes I've been reading false information then >_<. hmm thats good too lol, gobies are fun to watch haha. But almost any goby but manderin(and spotted) right? since they need established tanks? (I hope this is right)

Mandarins are actually Dragonets. ;) But yeah that's completely right, a 125G tank at least a year old for a mandarin cause of the food they eat. :)

the thing is you dont need a filter in a sw tank. your rocks are your filter. so your paying for a filter you wont use. if you plan on having any time of coral which you stated you are, your paying for a light you wont use. you can use that money to buy a 40g tank and lights you can use. 9 times out of 10 the package bundles like that are for people who dont know better. it looks good. it looks like it gives you everything you need. but your buyign stuff either you wont use at all or will quickly replace. its a semi money trap. it gets you into the hobby and once your in your more willing to spend more to get what you need. you might as well just get what you need the first time and save yourself some money,

Back
Top Bottom