is this a good deal for a wet/dry system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gobias101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i found one of these on CL for 60 bucks
http://www.futurepets.com/cgi-bin/F...RTNUM=ACA207510

its rated for a 75 gallon tank, but mine is 100. its most likely gonna be just live rocks and a porcupine puffer, will this filter suffice?

here is a pic of it:
kAARLMLEFcxGxDxYTOfwGoh4VYKq.jpg

can someone tell me if this is a good deal? is that thing a sump on its own or will i have to place it in one or is it hang on back?

also its rated for a 75 gallon tank, but mine is 100. its most likely gonna be just live rocks and a porcupine puffer, will this filter suffice?

I would jump up to the 150 model. I have the Pro 150 and am happy with it. I did remove all the bioballs and replace them with LR rubble.

yea but the 150 new would be around 300 where-as i can get this one for 60. anyone know whether it would work on my 100 gallon tank or if i would run into problems? what if i added a hang on back filter or skimmer or something?

The one thing everybody told me was do not skimp on equip. I only skimped on 1 or 2 things but wouldn't you know it, I bought the same piece of equip. twice.

It is usually rec. to always go one size bigger for most equip. as well.

bahh i guess you guys are right, although its gonna be hard letting a deal like this pass by

Back
Top Bottom