Is this a good deal on a 125g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rk01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm still on the hunt for a good deal . I hope you can help.

Here is what i'm currently looking at. Do you think the lights are enough? Only 216watts total. The substrate is crushed coral instead of live sand.
He will let it go for $750-$800.
I'd have to travel about 150 miles there, so about 300miles round trip.

125 gal pre drilled saltwater tank
w/40 gal "filter tank" w/ 2 power heads and 2 koralia turbo pumps,
glass tops, 2 heaters, digital thermometer,
new bak pak protein skimmer+bio filter,
auto fish feeder, n
Nova extreame 48” light w/ 2 54w T5 HO slimpac daylight bulbs, 2 54w STS HO limpaq bulbs, 4 moon white lunar LED’s and a cooling fan.
Also there is about 150-175 Lbs of live rock w/ lots of coralline algee (worth $4-5 per lb)
an extra 5 gal pail of crushed coral.
In the tank there is scarlet reef crabs, blue leg crabs,1 lawnmower blenny, 1 clown fish,1 pajama fish and 1 yellow tailed damsel.
The stands sides are not finished.
nvested in this tank around $3,000

Thanks!

IMO it's probably pretty close. The one downsize I would see (and it's all preference) is it appears to be a 48" high and not a 6 footer and the CC over sand.

Here are some additional pictures he sent me. Whats up with the 2 black overflows in the back of the tank? Is that normal? Seems like it would take away from the volume of the tank, and also isn't very attractive.

Any thoughts /w the new pix?

It's a reasonable deal. I have a 6' long 125 and prefer the extra swimming room for my tangs and foxface. The overflows are normal.

i would search around more, iv jumped on way to many deals in the past and found out later i could have saved money too many times. i would take the smart route and search around more. maybe let the seller know your very interested just so he knows that you might buy it and that your not just wasting his time, even if you are lol

Back
Top Bottom