Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,145
Is This A Good FOWLR Setup?

I'm starting a ten gallon FOWLR tank, and the cycling is done and I already have two turbo snails and five hermit crabs. I just wanted to know if this is a good rock setup, and if I should add/rearrange anything. Thanks!

Here is the tank: 10 Gal FOWLR Tank picture by perrypic9297 - Photobucket

Please be completely honest with me. I really want to make sure everything is perfect before I add fish. If it helps, the fish I'm getting are one firefish, a common clownfish, and a clown goby. I'm also going to add a couple of cleaner shrimp next Sunday.

Thanks again!
__________________

__________________
Bettafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Schism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lima, Ohio
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafanatic
I'm starting a ten gallon FOWLR tank, and the cycling is done and I already have two turbo snails and five hermit crabs. I just wanted to know if this is a good rock setup, and if I should add/rearrange anything. Thanks!

Here is the tank: 10 Gal FOWLR Tank picture by perrypic9297 - Photobucket

Please be completely honest with me. I really want to make sure everything is perfect before I add fish. If it helps, the fish I'm getting are one firefish, a common clownfish, and a clown goby. I'm also going to add a couple of cleaner shrimp next Sunday.

Thanks again!
Tank looks fine, your going to want to add slowly, not good happens fast in this hobby.
__________________

__________________
29g Mixed Reef, 150w 14k Phoenix MH w/ Moonlights, Reef Octopus BH1000 HOB Skimmer, Ecotech Vortech MP10es, ReefKeeper Lite (Plus), PH Probe, Temp Probe, ATO, Carbon/GFO Reactor.
Schism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 18,534
For a 10 gallon setup, that is both too many fish and fish that can't live in 10 gallons. Look at liveaquaria in the nano fish section, that'll help you with what will be able to live in comfort in the setup. The goby and firefish should be fine, the clown not so much. GL.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Tank looks fine, your going to want to add slowly, not good happens fast in this hobby.
I know I just want to get the invertebrates in there and then will be adding another fish every three-four weeks.
__________________
Bettafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
For a 10 gallon setup, that is both too many fish and fish that can't live in 10 gallons. Look at liveaquaria in the nano fish section, that'll help you with what will be able to live in comfort in the setup. The goby and firefish should be fine, the clown not so much. GL.
Is that so? Well doesn't that suck Thanks for letting me know, though.

I heard the adding the third clownfish was a little risky. Do you think I should replace it with a different fish or is two fish good?
__________________
Bettafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Schism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lima, Ohio
Posts: 2,093
I would wait to see if you can keep the nitrates under control for over six months before thinking about a 3rd fish. And yes clowns require i would say 20g min. They like a decent amount of room.
__________________
29g Mixed Reef, 150w 14k Phoenix MH w/ Moonlights, Reef Octopus BH1000 HOB Skimmer, Ecotech Vortech MP10es, ReefKeeper Lite (Plus), PH Probe, Temp Probe, ATO, Carbon/GFO Reactor.
Schism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,145
Alright then. If I decide to get a third fish, would a neon blue goby work?

Also, while I have your attention, I just need to get a question out there. My heater heats to 80 F degrees, but sometimes it goes over and up to 82 F, and can also drop to 78 F without the heater realizing. Do you think I should get a new heater? Also, is 80 a good degrees to heat to because I'm thinking of getting a different one and only heating to 76. Advice?
__________________

__________________
Bettafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fowlr, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.