Is this a good RO/DI system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When evaluating a RO unit, I look for a couple of things:

1.) Clear prefilter canisters so I can see how dirty they are getting.

2.) 10" full size, vertical DI cartridges because there is little possibility of channeling and they hold more resin.

3.) A high rejection membrane. While they claim, their membrane "removes 98% to 99.99% of all chemical and harmful dissolved elements and 99% of all bacteria" their claimed TDS changes show a different story. "(1.)Tap or well water(300 PPM) ---> (2.)After RO system(20 PPM) ---> (3.)After DI filter(0 PPM)" That would be a 93.33% rejection rate. I believe SpectraPure units are 98% rejection units. That means you will use that much less DI resin.

I just resently ordered my RO/DI unit.
I was looking at the one you posted but then I looked at the warranty
Warranty Information and Return Policy
14 days DOA (Dead On Arrival) warranty:

I found one that had a 2 year warranty but I went w/ a Typhoon
http://cgi.ebay.com/TYPHOON-III-AQU...ryZ20684QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It has the clear canisters and a Lifetime warranty.
May be a bit more but i rather pay a bit more now and not have to worry vs paying less and wishing I hadnt.

by the time I get home today I should have my RO/DI unit waiting for me hehe

madhatter208 said:
I just resently ordered my RO/DI unit.
I was looking at the one you posted but then I looked at the warranty
Warranty Information and Return Policy
14 days DOA (Dead On Arrival) warranty:

I found one that had a 2 year warranty but I went w/ a Typhoon
http://cgi.ebay.com/TYPHOON-III-AQU...ryZ20684QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It has the clear canisters and a Lifetime warranty.
May be a bit more but i rather pay a bit more now and not have to worry vs paying less and wishing I hadnt.

by the time I get home today I should have my RO/DI unit waiting for me hehe

Please post back on your impression of the system or email me driectly
Thanks,
Lu

Lu, you may want to edit your email address out of public view, otherwise spam "bots" may find it, or PM it to madhatter208.

The info that Steven gave you is right on the money. I have the same charateristics on mine and I can speak from experience that he`s right on the money. It would be a very good idea to follow those points he brought up. This is the one I have and even though pricey it gives you a good picture of what Steven is talking about.

Just got it and not really familar w/ all the stuff just yet.
It came w/ a TDS meter and I checked my tap water just to see what it was.
The reading I got was 151. It didnt show an x10 on the meter so im assumeing it ment it was 151 ppm.

I still have to hook up the system. I'll run another TDS test on the tap, After the RO, and then after the DI. As I understand it this will tell me just how well the unit is working.

I got the 75g per day so in theory i should get 3 gal per hour max. (depending how good the water is to start out with ).

I will keep you posted.

madhatter208 said:
Just got it and not really familar w/ all the stuff just yet.
It came w/ a TDS meter and I checked my tap water just to see what it was.
The reading I got was 151. It didnt show an x10 on the meter so im assumeing it ment it was 151 ppm.

I still have to hook up the system. I'll run another TDS test on the tap, After the RO, and then after the DI. As I understand it this will tell me just how well the unit is working.

I got the 75g per day so in theory i should get 3 gal per hour max. (depending how good the water is to start out with ).

I will keep you posted.
Thanks Man i will check back later 8) .

Back
Top Bottom