Is this green hair algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PeteW92

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444330165.653828.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444330192.116908.jpg

I've been fighting this for months now, I think the outbreak started due to my LFS's R/O water started to decline (went up to around 100ppm!) and since then I've been invaded by this green stuff. I think it's GHA but it looks paler to me and is easy to pull away. I put a sea hare in 2 weeks ago which isn't touching it which is another reason that makes me wonder is this GHA or another type of algae needing different methods of removal. I'm tempted to try API algae fix but that will be a complete last resort. Advice is appreciated.
Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you for the response. I pull loads out every week with toothbrush scrubbing. The tank doesn't have much livestock so il cut down feeding ??

A big part in your battle will involve water changes. You'll need to do then with water that is 0 tds. If the water going in is at 100, say that is 100 nitrate and you are throwing all that algae food into your system.
It will take lots of time to get the entire system back in the 0 range. I'd suggest your own ro/di so you are in control of that in the future.

Back
Top Bottom