Is this really a Green Slimer SPS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys,

I need some help.. i am wondering if my green slimer is really a green slimer.

Most SPS i have seen have little flower looking polyps that extend to feed or release waste. My so called green slimer never extends its polyps and just today i noticed what looks to be string coming out of the holes all over the coral. when i blowed on them with they didn't recede, i noticed them only after i fed. I can report that my green slimer has grown ALOT around it base, in fact i would say the plug it was glued to is now about covered. also the stump of the coral is looking like its getting thicker. I just dont understand why i never see polyps on this SPS like i do on my other Acro.

any direction or information would be great

here ya go... the base is much larger now.. other then that it looks the same

Attachments

• SNC10639.jpg
    SNC10639.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 117
I only know what was on the sticker at my lfs LOL.. its possible its just another Acro..LOL

what ever it is, i cant seem to figure out why it dont have polyps like my other acro does. You would think if one was sick the other would be aswell if the problem was related to water quality.

Could be related to the amount of flow as well. Try moving this guy into a new spot. For instance, if he's in a low flow area now, move him to more flow, if he's getting blasted by a powerhead, move him somewhere more calm. Let him sit in his new spot for a few days and see how he does. Some corals love to be blasted with as much flow as you can give them, others not so much.

Back
Top Bottom