Is this tank worth messing with

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deckaman225

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393817377.049365.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393817398.643352.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393817417.922756.jpg
My friend bought this tank at a yard sale no name brand on it does it look worthy of tryin to make a micro SW out of it has blue whit and led lights does anyone know what it is no name brand on it??

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393818064.671795.jpgi don't have picture of lighting but is a 14 gal and it's cheap lol is it worth messin with??

They said it came with salt mix and bio balls and stuff so it has the capability but don't know if it's worth it

The only real difference I see is the overflow is on the opposite Side than a biocube!!

It looks like the newer biocubes. If it holds water then its a valid tank, well, depending on the price. Wont be able to keep much as far as fish but its a good tank.

If it were me, and the tank holds water then I would get it. Could always get one or two very small fish (not clowns) and add a bunch of inverts and some low light corals,

Hmm...if it were me i would put a small goby and pistol shrimp pair in there and maybe a clown goby. :) The goby/shrimp pair are very cool to watch too. They live together in the same little burrow of sand and the fish will bring food to the shrimp. Its super neat.

Ok awesome thanks for the advice it's a cheap way for me to get started thx so much!!!

I was wondering since live rock is so expensive wat is a good ratio for live to dry so it will be cheaper

I';d say about 1 to 1.5 lbs of rock total. So if you add 10 lbs I would put in 3 lbs of live and base for the other 7lbs. Put in 20lbs and then add 6lbs of live, 14 of base you get the idea.

I've been looking at the gobies I think I want the yellow watchmen a male and a pistol shrimp for my little nano and I don't know what else is there anything else that can go with them besides gobies?? And do most soft corals only need lower levels of light?

Back
Top Bottom