Is this this brown algae??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly don't know but see if u can take it off your mushrooms I don't think it will be good for them

I honestly don't know but see if u can take it off your mushrooms I don't think it will be good for them

It's not on the mushrooms... They are completely clear of the algae.. Ill try to get better picture

Looks like hair algae. Most likely caused by too much nutrients and also can be your lighting period.

Looks like hair algae. Most likely caused by too much nutrients and also can be your lighting period.

I use the Kent's A & B in the tank for the last like 10 days so that could be it. My lights are on from 12-1 actinic 1-9 all light 9-10 actinic

Never used the Kent's but I would first check the nutrients being introduced. I.E. how much and of what are you feeding? Most likely its too much food causing a buildup of phosphates and nitrates which the algae then consumes to grow. I would reduce feeding, possibly cut back photoperiod, add some phosphate/nitrate control (reactor with media), and make sure you have enough of a clean up crew. Will take some time but you will get the upper hand. Also PWC regularly are your friend. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom