Is this to much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

styles215

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is this to much..? Long nose hawk 2in, yellow tang 3in, hippo tang 1.5in, orangefin tang 3in, saddleback butterfly 4in, nemo 1in, marine betta 1in, 3 small chromis, cleaner wrasse, lawn mower Blenny, scooter Blenny, 2 fire fish, engineer goby 3in, cowfish 1in, mardarin goby small. Is this 2 much..? Had it for about a week everything looks good everyone gets along..

Yes drop the orange shoulder tang. I'd drop one more big fish too. The hippo IMO will need a bigger tank eventually as well

Oh whoops orange fin tang not shoulder. What's that a tomini? I'd still drop one of the bigger fish. Just noticed 2 dragonets. You're gonna run out of pods very quickly I'd get rid of one of them too

Is this to much..? Long nose hawk 2in, yellow tang 3in, hippo tang 1.5in, orangefin tang 3in, saddleback butterfly 4in, nemo 1in, marine betta 1in, 3 small chromis, cleaner wrasse, lawn mower Blenny, scooter Blenny, 2 fire fish, engineer goby 3in, cowfish 1in, mardarin goby small. Is this 2 much..? Had it for about a week everything looks good everyone gets along..

Are you saying you just set this tank up a week ago, or just finished cycling it a week ago? Now you've thrown a huge amount of fish in there all at once?
The hippo tang is too big for this tank. And if I counted correctly you have 18 fish, many that will get big. I believe you're WAYYYY overstocked. The Mandarin needs a well established tank as well. 6 months to grow the pods and that's without the competition.

The cowfish will get to be a pooping machine. They are recommended for experienced people. The hawk fish may eat the chromis if they are small enough.

Good luck

I'll get rid of the hippo tang but I have this tank over a year I just started to add more fish to it like the cow, betta, saddle back and orangefin .. The pass week.. They been in there for just a week together.. I'll get rid of the orangefin also.. But none of them are fully grown and I was planning on getting a bigger tank at the end of the year.. Maybe a 210 or bigger.. So y'all think I could get rid of 2 of the fish that will get bigger and be good..?

Its just the tangs and cowfish that get so big, but if you are definitely going to upgrade, then see how it plays out. I had a 40 gallon late last summer and someone gave me a purple tang, the size of a half dollar and he was perfectly happy. I only kept him because i knew 100% that I was getting a bigger tank in a few months.

I gotta keep the cow fish lol my fiancé loves him.. But I can get rid the orange fin, a firefish, and the saddleback.. How does that sound..? Leaving me with 3 big fish.. And the fish I have are no where near their full size.. I love my hippo so might keep him until I get my bigger tank..

And ill do the scooter Blenny .. I'll put the firefish and Blenny in my 30.. I already have a small watchmen, small maroon clown and a small tobacco basslet in my 30g.. Would that be to much..?

From what I've heard, cowfish are very difficult to keep, and they release toxins.... But I hope it works out for you they are stunning fish. Also, the hippo does grow to over a foot big so, of the tangs, I would keep the yellow and "orange fin" tomini. Kole tangs are nice too! ?

Back
Top Bottom