is this to much flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If my calculations are right, that's about 33x. 1640, plus 200 divided by 55.

I've heard folks are usually between 10 and 20x. Have you turned all those on yet and how does your substrate hold up? How do your fish seem to do in it? Do you have to turn them off when feeding. Sorry for the questions, but it may be hard to tel yu it's too much without knowing how the tank inhabitants and landscape reacts to 33x flow.

Been running for nearly 5 mths sand and fish are good. But my green long hair coral is not looking good but my green long star is dooing great. I have a lot of micro bubbles to so I will add a bubble trap to aquca c remona skimmer.

choupic said:
But my green long hair coral is not looking good but my green long star is dooing great.
High flow corals like SPS's will appreciate that amount of water movement, but low to moderate flow corals like most LPS's may not fare well. Be sure to know were the coral your adding is found naturally on the reef and adjust the amount of flow it receives accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom