Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-09-2004, 02:16 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by steve-s
Originally Posted by pecan2phat
So 110 lbs in a 90g with an existing 15 year running wet/dry trickle filter and a whole bunch of fish
Nice find on the rock and glad you could share your experience. I am however very concerned about your stock levels. Even though this is primarily FOWLR tank, that is one serious bioload.

How long have these fish been in the tank?:

2x Regal tang
Imperator angel
koran angel
Bluering angel
Queen angel
Clown tang
Blonde naso
Harlequin tusk fish
Hawk fish

Hi Steve,
LOL, you have a keen eye. The clown is actually a Sohol and there is also a Majestic angel in there.
I knew the fish police would come bearing down on me one of these days!
I know, it's crazy. These guys have been with me anywhere from 2 to 6 years. (the hawk actually is the oldest @ 10+ yrs)
I've been in this hobby for 20+ years and I never learn that "one more" is two too many.
Seriously, the bio-load is extreme but I've had success with the tank just being a FO with dead coral decorations utilizing a wet/dry trickle filter, RS berlin protein skimmer & a CSL UV sterilizer. (all still currently employed)

It's funny though, I took out a ton of dead coral deco and replaced with the 110 lbs of LR and it seems very crowded now (probably always was). I guess it's the placement of the LR. Things just started to get out of hand when I broke down my 60g FO due to the big power outage we had last year here in NY (10 hrs). Everyone in the 90g FO & 29g mini-reef survived, but the 60g did not (never has in the 13 yrs I had it) and the survivors (Harlequin, Annularis or Blue Ring & Blue angel) were transferred into the 90g FO tank. The 60g is a Fancy Goldfish tank now & is doing well!
I guess it's time for a bigger tank or FISH SALE........

This pic is for Steve (not kidding about the Majestic )

pecan2phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:00 AM   #32
Originally Posted by pecan2phat
I guess it's time for a bigger tank or FISH SALE........
Hehehehe.... I'm sure you will have no problem with either. The tank itself does look quite immaculate. Very nice looking fish too.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com