It's in! Paint?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bird33

Aquarium Advice Activist
I finally got the tank in the wall. I want to paint the back and a side wall. What's the best way to go about doing it. ( that's just the drywall I got out behind it now) thank you!

Just reg paint? Does it have to be something special ??

I hate to say this but... Being from a hardware/construction family you should probably take it out, finish the corners(tape and mud) and paint the wall.. Also you can use any acrylic or latex paint and in any color. Black or dark blue will make bright fish pop

Thanks for the ideas it's not a finished photo. I'm gonna frame it out. All maintenance is done from the back. It's a mechanical room

Thanks for the ideas it's not a finished photo. I'm gonna frame it out. All maintenance is done from the back. It's a mechanical room

Awesome! Just making sure! Working at a hardware store I get customers that would have left it just like that...smh anyways... It looks amazing!!!

If you are doing latex paint and you are either brushing or rolling it on I would go with either eggshell or semi gloss. That is going to give you finish that you can clean and put some elbow grease into scrubbing.

If spray paint I would go gloss for the reasons stated above. Flat is hard to clean, traps dirt, dust, grime, and hair. You can't scrub it either.

Good points!! All points I've forgotten, I also worked in a hardware store. Plumber now. Lol

Good points!! All points I've forgotten, I also worked in a hardware store. Plumber now. Lol

Anytime, and ya sometimes the little things slip your mind. My family has owned hardware stores for about 50 years and I've grown up here, plumbing is the only area that I haven't concurred yet

I used Black hobby acrylic paint on my 55 gal. and it worked for me. It took 4 coats in order to pass the flash light test.

Goodluck.

Back
Top Bottom