It's started...it's study time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spence0416

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got my 10 gal started today! I was wondering what I should be looking for. Tomorrow I will start with testing the params. I only added 5 lbs of live rock. This will start a cycle...right?

1. What should I expect to see when the cycle begins?
2. Should I be able to see any changes in the tank?
3. When I add more rock "dead" how long for it to be seeded by the first piece

I'm trying to learn as much as possible before the cycle finishes so I'll be prepared if something does go wrong.

Your gonna love it! As you have probably read...first an ammonia spike, then nitrite, then nitrates will spike and fall off. I didnt see allot of changes the first week or two when our tank cycled, then there was odd little things popping up all the time. We added some base rock a couple months ago and are starting to see coralline spots on it, I guess that means its slowly becoming live :)

So I shouldn't expect to see any growth for a couple weeks. That's cool...I'm just a little excited for things to start.

Thanks for the reply.

We set up our first reef tank in Feb this year and I still find something new now and then! wait til you have rug burn from kneeling in front of the tank for half the night! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom