ive got an itch for some more room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mastershake

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i am considering switching my 29, listed below, over to a 65, or a 75

now im curious if i fill up the new tank like halfway with water, get that all set, then add some sand, would i need to cycle that, i was planning on adding everything from my current tank over, its been up since nov 04 , and with animals and such since jan 05, so if i had the new one filled up like halfway, and had that all set, then would i be able to add the sand liverock and water from my 29, and if so would it be suitable for fish and such right away, or would there be a cycle, or what would happen, im a lil confused tthanks

If you move everything from the 29 into the new tank, including all the LR and bio-filtration you'll be fine...as long as you don't damage any of the filtration in the transfer.

As always, don't add more life too quickly. The filtration you're starting with is only built up to support the life you had. The bigger tank and more water doesn't help you immediately.

Go straight for the 120. You'll be happy you did! :mrgreen:

The filtration you're starting with is only built up to support the life you had
In that regard try not to rinse much off when you move it or you'll clean off the good bacteria. You'll also lose some good bacteria to the glass and whatever else isn't moving. Hopefully you won't see much of a cycle and what you do see will be able to be dealt with in water changes.

Good luck with the move!

Back
Top Bottom