I've got crabs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Water?

Aquarium Advice Activist
NO, it's not a personal problem.
I purchased 2 emerald crabs two months ago. Both were about the size of a dime. One has grown a little, but the other has become HUGE. I mean it's more like the size of a tarantulae, kind of looks like one also. It has now started to pop the bubbles on my bubble coral. I want to get it out of my tank!
I have borrowed a trap but haven't tried it yet. I don't think thats going to work, the crab stays in the rocks most of the time so I don't know if I can put the trap close to where it will go in.
Bait? I have 2 large algea balls that I was going to put in the trap. Or is there something better?
Anybody got any ideas?

Here's the scoop. I put some raw shimp in the trap and I have had everything but the crab go in it. I was just about to give up and leave him alone when I noticed, after all of my intense watching, he is chipping away at my live rocks. So now I am pissed. One way or another he's out of there. I'm going to try the glass trick tonight. I will let you know how it goes.

AND HE'S OUTTA THERE !! :grab:
(The glass trick worked great.) So if anyone wants a mean green algae ball eating machine, I've got one. Free to good home. Great for a fish only tank. LOL

Back
Top Bottom