I've researched this issue and can't find an answer..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steppa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Maybe I can't find an answer because it's a silly question..? I dunno.

Anyway, my question is this. I plan on doing a 120gal Saltwater tank which, of course, you have to do water changes on. I have a septic system and not public/town sewer. I'm not positive that I can dump the saltwater down the drain and into my septic system. Won't the salt hurt the septic system? Also, if I can't dump it there, what should I do with it? Dump the water onto lawn somewhere..? Won't that kill the grass..?

Sorry if it's a silly question. :oops:

No way man, there's never a silly question. I'll try to do a little research for you and find out. Get back to you in a little while.

Alright man, couldn't find a whole lot of info on that subject but I did find something. Here's a link to ask a Plumber any question you want.

http://www.clickit.com/bizwiz/homepage/plummail.htm

As long as you have an e-mail you can ask. HTH a little bit.

Edit: After scrolling down the page it says you might have to make a donation to some charity, I'm not sure if it's required though.

Wow! You guys are SUPER quick to respond.

I've been searching the internet for like 3 weeks on this issue and the best I could find was a septic company that said if you live by the sea, they didn't recommend or warrenty their tank.

Thank you both for this!
Steve

No problem man. Even though Ximat helped a little more then I did. :wink:

BTW, Welcome to Aquariumadvice!! :invasion: :band: :invasion:

Back
Top Bottom