Jakes 34g Rimless Reef Build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HPballer76

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i picked up another tank the other day. it is a 34g rimless cube. dimensions are 20x20x20. this is going to be a reef tank since i already have my 72 fowlr. i'm not sure how i want to set this up though, it is a custom made all in one cube. it has an acrylic panel in the back just like a bio cube.

heres a quick pic.

img_1866592_0_04bd102a508ff9bfcbd7dd63fe4ff6fd.jpg

now what i am trying to decide on is should i run this like it was made and keep things simple with the all in one design and just put a big ato reservoir in the stand. or should i drill it and run a 10-20 gallon sump?

i also got a tunze 9002 skimmer and a k2 viper 150 watt metal halide with the tank.

so what does everyone think?

If it were me I would just keep it the way it is. Then again I don't know how to drill a tank either, I would probably break it, :lol:.

yeah most likely that is what i will do. i was just thinking of different options to do with it. i have a friend that drills tanks so that wouldn't be a problem. if i leave it the way it is how should i setup the back? right now all it has is a bubble trap before the return so i can make some panels and set it up anyway i want.

that is one awesome tank!

Also, what did you use to clean it? it did such a good job.

yeah i really didn't need another tank or plan on getting one but i saw this and had to have it lol.

for cleaning i just used a little bit of vinegar and paper towels. notice the koralia in the first pic? ill post an after cleaning pic in a few mins. it looks brand new!

Back
Top Bottom