Jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zactheninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bought a little blue jaw fish today from my lfs, is there anything special I need to know?
It said on the app I have on my iPod that it was reef safe, says small, and was easy.
BIG QUESTION:why are they called Jawfish? :)

IMO there pretty easy to keep mine loves frozen brine shrimp & pods. He's my favorite fish, such a personality.

DWilliams said:
IMO there pretty easy to keep mine loves frozen brine shrimp & pods. He's my favorite fish, such a personality.

Mines gonna have to fight my scooter Blenny for favorite fish.
You never know ;)

PICS! I just got finished acclimating and and I was feeding and he came up and ate like a pig!
Awesome :)

Attachments

• image-3624550678.jpg
    image-3624550678.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 124
  • image-279252348.jpg
    image-279252348.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 136
  • image-2141787625.jpg
    image-2141787625.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 115
So CUTE!!!!!! :) my daughter wants one for her 30g, but gotta wait till see one in the store. Saw 2 blue spot jawfish, but not gonna pay that much. Lol. Let us know how he's doing, wondering how hardy they are.

Might be flash making it look like that but are you sure it's a blue dot jaw fish? Not a pearly I think there called.

Edit: saw you never said that blue dot just blue haha

Beengirl said:
So CUTE!!!!!! :) my daughter wants one for her 30g, but gotta wait till see one in the store. Saw 2 blue spot jawfish, but not gonna pay that much. Lol. Let us know how he's doing, wondering how hardy they are.

Yeah those blue dots get way to expensive.
I saw this guy and was amazed.

I know the edges of the tank are dirty. But he made alittle burrow in the front corner of the tank, got sand on some coral but I moved everything.

Attachments

• image-2741113648.jpg
    image-2741113648.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 102
I was cleaning last night and forgot to put the top back on, jaw fish went carpet surfing :(

Back
Top Bottom