jbj 28hqi build.... sorta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so my weird bug thing is def a chiton which is good the tentacle thing could be a spionid, which is apparently rare in tanks but common in the sea-where it happens to be collected from... it also happens to be a filter feeder that only comes out at night, which is the only time i've seen it.

i guess that tentacle could also be a hydroid, which is bad ill see if i can get a pic, but its quick to run when the light hits it!

OK so test results this morning ph-8.1, ammonia-0, nitrite- 0.5 to 1.0, and ntirate 20ppm. So very excited hopefully i can qt some fish this weekend!

My nitrites were not coming down so two days ago I added a cup of tap water that i added some tetra aquasafe to. I read an article about niterbacter and how it utilizes phosphate to reproduce. the cup of water brought my phosphate from >.25 to 2ppm, but i think it helped the bacteria colonize.. as well as added some algae to my tank, but I think from here on out ill use my rodi water and the algae will die out.

this is the reaction i got when I told my son we could get fish soon... then he asked if we could get a green one.

P1150039 - Copy.JPG

ok so we didnt get a green fish...

Aidan pointed at a mated pair of clowns, then the wife saw them and we had to get them. The problem then was that they were hosting an anemone, and apparently there was still no saying no so... well I hope it lives! also the guy at the lfs hit one of the fish with the net and it didnt even make it out of the store, they were like we dont take fish back for any reason... so wont be going back there.

kurtyboh said:
ok so we didnt get a green fish...

Aidan pointed at a mated pair of clowns, then the wife saw them and we had to get them. The problem then was that they were hosting an anemone, and apparently there was still no saying no so... well I hope it lives! also the guy at the lfs hit one of the fish with the net and it didnt even make it out of the store, they were like we dont take fish back for any reason... so wont be going back there.

WAIT WHAT? One of the clownfish you bought died before you even left the store?

yeah, and no refund!! like wow, after we bought it my son wanted to look at the puppies... and after about 10 mins i look at the fish and one is on the bottom of the bag dead... the other bouncing on the nem.

there was a manager, they dont speak english very well though... just keep saying store, no refund

That makes me so angry..... I would've at least "vented" my feelings by cursing them out haha hopefully they weren't very expensive and you didn't pay for a pair of clowns, but for two individual clowns.

no it wasnt too much of a loss, but still upsetting... and no cursing with a 2yr old parrot with me everywhere i go

pictures of the new ones! It took forever to acclimate them, I'm thinking i rushed it a bit but i didnt want to leave them in the bag forever either... anyhow when i started the store water was at 1.041 far cry from 1.026 where they should have been... but 7 1/2 hrs and they were matching finally!
P1150040.JPG

P1150043.JPG

P1150058.JPG

P1150052.JPG

does anyone else's hermit climb the corner's in their aquarium?

its a qt... my dt hasnt arrived and wont for weeks most likely. once the military starts shipping things you never know when its going to arrive!

oh i'm so pissed off right now... not only did they kill my fish and not return it, their sg was so high becuase the fish has ICH and they were trying to hide it!!! are you kidding its the only fish i have in the tank. it sat bare for 3 months, i acclimated them in bag in a dry bucket. then drained some of the tank into another bucket where i "rinsed them off of the store water for 15 mins. Then put in my tank and added new water... I cannot believe this store!!!

Back
Top Bottom