Ok so, update needed!
First off, I think I must have had serious delusions of grandeur. Several of my inverts were most likely ided incorrectly. No red hairy crab or strawberry.. I am not sure at all really, anyhow they are gone. I had something killing fish, so I started with the most likely suspects and got rid of the crabs (except the 2 hermits) however I have my suspect at long last and sent the two (most likely innocent) parties away. The other day my coral beauty was picking at some rocks, just above the red legged hermit, the hermit grabbed the beauty and started his meal. I was kind of in shock about it. It also makes me wonder about my blue lightning hermits death. I would never have guessed the hermit could catch a coral beauty.
I currently only have 2 clowns, (ocellaris) and a Mertensi carpet nem (not gigantea) several hundred zoa heads, nassarius, cerith, and bee snails, a fighting conch (sometimes I think it may be a cone snail as they're pretty prevalent around here) I also have a sea egg a couple of small feather duster and a skunk cleaner shrimp. Thousands of copepods, isopods, and limpets come out at night, although I do believe the limpets numbers are dwindling. I have one other hermit that I have no clue what type.
I still have the jbj 28 nanotechnology running stock although I am finally adding a aqua euro nano 2 skimmer at the end of the month. I will also be upgrading the lights to led
In the past yr I have had some issues crop up, once my son dumped almost 2 pounds of food in... I was able to get everything out and into hospital fairly quickly. But while in there something got stressed, the tank clouded and while every invert lived not one fish survived.
I would be qting a new coral beauty and yellow goby but we move at the end of the month, and moving one tank is going to be hard enough. We get keys to the house the 28th and this place has to be clear the 30th...talk about Suck! The current plan is to set up my qt at a friends house, move everything over, including water so there is no acclimation period. Then get my dt set up with new water reacclimate the current stock, reset the qt, and get a new beauty.
I have been battling cyano
since January after I went on vacation and had a friend watch my tank. It's getting much better now that I have switched to 2xs a week pwcs. I went from 20% every 2 weeks before Dec. To weekly 10% when I returned to a tank of soup. Everything lived so not a huge deal just a lot of extra work. Anyhow the 10s were not working so upgraded to 20, seemed to slow it considerably but not kill it, now on 15 every 4 days and seeing results.
All in all very content to just enjoy my tank but without the cyano
it would be much better