jbj or tunze autotop off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beefandpork

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I'm deciding on which one to get for my tank. tunze is 100 bucks more but does come with the pump. I guess it has 2 switch for protection.

Anyone using either one of these and give some info on them. Are these hard to install I am looking to stick it in the tank as I am using on 20 gallon tank with hang on back filter.

thanks.

... Are these hard to install I am looking to stick it in the tank as I am using on 20 gallon tank with hang on back filter.

thanks.

Just my opinion of course... but with a 20g tank I really can't see the need for an auto top off. With that small of a tank, you're probably only looking at 2-3 cups a day, at most. Unless you're away for long periods of time, that seems easy to deal with on a daily basis. Otherwise, you're looking at installing a bunch of float switches in a rather small area - those ATO setups are usually designed to be installed in a sump where you don't really care about room or how it looks.

I'm wiht Kurt on this one. Unless you are leaving for an extended period just top it off manually or use a simple drip line (Kent 2.5 gallon doser perhaps).

I have the JBJ and it's been great since I installed in 2006. AutoTopOff.com is also a great place to get these, but I really prefer the look of the JBJ ATO (even if it is in the sump).

Back
Top Bottom