Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Joining Marines

Hello everyone, i have had a reef tank and a couple of fish for a very long time now, but im planning on joining the US Marines, and however much i wish i could take the fish with me, i cannot, however, i do not want the fish to prevent me from joining the service, my g/f whom i have dated for over a year has accepted caring for the fish, however, if i happen to obtain residency in the US near a base, she will be moving in with me, this poses another problem with the fish. Because my fish have been with me for so long and have remained healthy along with investments in coral, i am looking for someone who great experience in salt water reef and fish keeping who will take the best care of my fish, i am not willing to send my buddies off to someone who will neglect their health such as a fish store or novice fish keeper. the fish are 1 Striped damsel fish who ive had since a baby, and a scooter blenny who ive also had since it was small, 1 or 2 emerald crabs, i turbo snail, 1 nirite snail, 1 nassarus snail which has grown huge, two hermits. 1 rock of starburst polyps, 2 yellow polyp rocks, 2 leather coral rocks w/ a few baby feather dusters, 2 pulsing xenia corals. i plan to keep the equiptment due to thier ability to remain in storage while maintaining their value. Thank you. i live in the Jersey Village area of Houston Tx near the intersection of Senate and Hwy 290

Fierro Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via ICQ to buddha_red
what size is the aquarium? Do you have any pictures? I am interested in some of your corals if your interested in working out a deal PM me. i live near houston tx

"Only mistakes happen fast in aquariums"
"The solution to pollution is dulution"
buddha_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
my father volunteered to take care of the fish, he's seen me do allot with them, and if there's anyone i know who can follow directions to the 't' its him. i really appreciate anyone who had thought of the job, im just literally a couple of steps left till i become a recruit. so for a while i wont be on the site, but ill come back as soon as i can.
Fierro Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Good for you and thanks for looking out for our Country and our Freedom! You may want to point your dad to this site, so if he has any questions we can help.
Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via Yahoo to intimatecple
Congrats and Good Luck....My family and I wish You,your family and your fishy all the BEST!!! I am a vet myself and appreciate what you are about to do for our country!!

intimatecple is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com