josh's 29 gallon first ever reef build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I decided to go with the coralife 30" fixture with the 30" bulbs just due to the fact that it is a little more wattage and also the fact that by the time I change out all the bulbs on that other fixture and add the moonlights I wanted it costs $75 more than the coralife that already has all of those things built in with good bulbs already in it. Turns out the bulbs are good quality and the bulbs and fixture are acually manufactured about 15 miles from where I live. So its always good to support local business! I do also have another 30" t8 fixture I'm going to put a bulb in. I'm just not sure weather to go with a 10k or another actinic. Does anyone know the pro\cons of each option?

Glad you found your light. :) Not sure what you can use the T8 for, the 4 bulb fixture should be ok.

I am using to t8 fixture to add a little more blue light. I would add another 30" t5 but I can't find just a single bulb fixture and a double won't fit

Question about power heads... I got 2 of the koralia's from the lfs and just wondering if I'm supposed to leave them on all the time or cycle them on and off? I have no clue on this one. Help me. Thanks guys

Also what is the best placement for them? Pointing at each other? In an x pattern? Thanks in advance

I leave my powerheads on 24/7 only shutting them down when I need to shut down the system.

I have mine mounted on either side of the tank and facing each other AND the glass. This way the two sources of water hit each other and create a chaotic flow. :) You may need to fine tune the placement to make sure there are no dead spots in the tank but that's a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom