Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to match55 Send a message via MSN to match55 Send a message via Yahoo to match55
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey View Post
nah, the calciums good for em, but thats still a bit high. but it will o down in a week pr two
thanks fishmonkey, will check it again this weekend.

here is a little update on my green start polyps~ IN BLUE LIGHT haha
they look beautiful under blue light. <3
they are doing very good I guess.
just a question for u guys, should I feed them? and if yes what should I feed them with?

Old 09-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

GSP looks great. Make sure you pick a good spot for that frag. Those GSP spread like a weed. Try to center them on a big rock so it will be a long time before they start creeping onto neighboring rocks.

Don;t get me wrong... I LOVE my GSP

I rarely feed mine. I'll defrost a cube of reef plankton for them and the other corals. I've had the same packet of plankton for months now only used a few cubes.. They don't seem to mind as they are growing like crazy and look great.

BTW - Tanks looks great

Old 09-24-2009, 12:51 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to match55 Send a message via MSN to match55 Send a message via Yahoo to match55
Quote:
Originally Posted by goisles1 View Post
GSP looks great. Make sure you pick a good spot for that frag. Those GSP spread like a weed. Try to center them on a big rock so it will be a long time before they start creeping onto neighboring rocks.

Don;t get me wrong... I LOVE my GSP

I rarely feed mine. I'll defrost a cube of reef plankton for them and the other corals. I've had the same packet of plankton for months now only used a few cubes.. They don't seem to mind as they are growing like crazy and look great.

BTW - Tanks looks great
my light isn't that strong, so I put them on the highest rock I have rock now, and that place is where my return water from, so they got pretty good flow and light at that place.
I m gonna go look for plankton later this week

thanks ^^
Old 09-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

alrite, some more corals and one tiny clown fish hehe:

went to a store near my school this morning and try to get some metalic green glove, but they ran out of it, so I bought a small cheap glove polyps instead.

at the evening, went to the closer store and ask if they have metalic green glove, grrr ran out, so I walked around and found out they have some tiny piece corals for $5.99 and I m not rich to buy big piece, so I bought yellow polyps, xenia, and one I forgot the name, but my gf love the tiny blue corals.

will add some picture soon after they all open up, they r getting use to my tank right now. ^^

recently my netrite snails keep climbing all the way up and even out from my tank and dropped on the floor, anyone know the reason?
Old 09-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hehe here r all the $5 footlong haha.
they r all $5.99 small pieces.
xenia
yello polyps (they were happy on tuesday ad friday, today they r very stress and didn't come out till 4pm, have no idea what happened.)

glove polyps

tiny blue something.
good if anyone can tell me what they are
Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #36
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Tank2379 Send a message via Yahoo to Tank2379
Nice pick ups. In time your Xenia will look like this....

A City of Xenia
Tank2379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

oh yeahhh, I am waiting for that to come hahaha
probably take couple months, right?
for me probably will take a little long, only have little coraline algae started growing on the pipe. hope the corals like their new home. XP
Old 09-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #38
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

I don't mean to burst anybodys bubble, but be careful with that stuff. It can quickly take over the entire tank. I have seen it happen in other tanks before in person. And I have read plenty of threads about people wishing they did not add it. Just Google search "Xenia taking over." You may even be able to find threads about it right here on AA.
My advice is to keep it isolated as best as possible.
The second picture is a little hard to see, but looks kind of like aiptasia. The blue polyps on the rock are cool...some sort of low light coral.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:56 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic

r u the one who show xenia on a snail shell picture?? haha
thanks for the advice, I will keep my eyes on them.
the second picture is not aiptasia, they r yellow polyps, just that they r stree that day I took the picture, so they r not fully open yet.
I will take more picture once they r completely used to my tank and open up happily.
I am planning on what other livestocks I will put in this tank.
XP so excited

found a new buddy in the tank, probably follow my xenia from my LFS to my tank.
daisy polyps XD~ they spread pretty crazy in my LFS, hope it will do the same in here.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice FINatic

added a bigger clown, hopefully the two will make a pair, also added a convict goby, I think thats the name.

hehe a bigger clown
the goby ^^" inside the bag blurry picture, this guy is shy, where ever I stand, it will hide from me and swim out when I m like 2ft away LOL

Little adjust of the overflow and put 3 mangrove in it, hopefully will help.

10/2/2009 update:

thought about it and redid the rock work, so the rocks are all touching the bottom of the tank, then my future pistol shrimp will be able to dig freely.

after redoing the rocks, I found 7 tiny aiptisia from the mother rock, the bigger ones r gone now, but left me 7 small ones, my peppermints are stupid, they pick on my snails more than looking for aip, so I boiled some FW and jet right on their face OoO, all closed up now, but will do this couple more time to make sure they r all dead!!!

here is the new work~~cloudy~
front of the tank.

back of the tank.

still have one more task to do, to get the bad crab out one of my rock.
I left that rock in another bucket, and waiting later tonight to catch that crap (ops, typo LOL) out of my tank.

Tags
aquarium, fowlr, journey, reef, sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com